About this position:
TBCx is looking for an Intern Energy Modeler that is a self-starting intern willing to learn or expand on energy modeling knowledge. The qualified candidate will assist with commercial building efficiency design consulting and utility incentive energy modeling. Typical work will involve the creation of energy models including creating building geometries from project drawings, setting up HVAC systems, the evaluation of energy efficiency measures and the writing of reports.
No energy modeling experience is necessary, but the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of building physics and commercial building mechanical equipment, as well as an aptitude for working with complex computer programs. Previous experience in design or construction is preferred as well as an understanding of the following: HVAC systems and efficiency, LEED Rating Systems, utility incentives, electrical systems, energy audits, HVAC controls and energy analysis of building systems. Remote work may be considered depending on experience.
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management or equivalent field of study preferred.
- Relevant work experience considered as highly as formal education.
Preferred Candidate Attributes:
- Previous experience with energy modeling highly valued, but not necessary
- Experience with eQUEST preferred, but Open Studio experience will also be considered
- Clear verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to carry out tasks with minimal direction
- Knowledge of utility rates and rebate programs
- Ability to identify and quantify the benefit of energy efficiency measures
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word required
- High-level understanding of commercial buildings’ HVAC, lighting, controls, and envelope required
- Measurement and Verification experience highly valued
- Hands-on operator level experience with building automation systems is highly valued
Interested candidates please send resumes to: email@example.com
With offices in Salt Lake City, Utah and Tempe, Arizona, TBCx has been providing top quality commissioning and energy modeling services to some of the most prestigious building clients in the world for over 30 years. We are an industry leader who specializes in in the commissioning of building systems for mechanical, electrical, fire protection, security, technology, lighting controls, acoustical, and building envelopes. We also offer energy modeling, design optimization and retro-commissioning services. Our collaborative solutions ensure critical systems operation, improve occupant comfort, increase systems performance, and reduce facility operational costs.
- Full time or Part time energy modeling internships- possibility of transition to full time Modeler position
Our organization will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance. We will take affirmative steps to ensure that all of our company’s employment practices are free of discrimination. Such employment practices include, but are not limited to, the following: hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, selection, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training, including apprenticeship. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities whenever possible.